One of the most important benefits of membership in the Junior League is lifelong connections to community-minded women. The Junior League of the Space Coast, Inc. (formerly The Junior League of South Brevard, Inc.) is deeply grateful to our nearly 120 sustaining members who give their time, financial support and leadership skills to improve both our League and our community.
The JLSC welcomes all League members who have met the Sustainer requirements from their former League, or rejoin as an Active member to meet our seven years of active membership to become a Sustainer. We also welcome Sustainers transferring from other Leagues.
The transfer process is as follows:
- Member must contact her current league to start the process by requesting a letter of transfer.
- The letter of transfer must include previous leagues and corresponding years of membership.
- Outstanding debts to the former League must be satisfied to be in good standing, this includes unpaid dues and transfer fees required by their former League.
- A check made payable to JLSC in the amount of $110.00 should be sent to the attention of:
Junior League of the Space Coast, Inc. Vice President of Membership
540 Montreal Avenue, Suite 103 Melbourne FL, 32935
Sustainer members do not have an official requirement but often participate by assisting a committee or placement with their advice and experience. The Sustainers meet at 11:30 the first Tuesday of months September through May at the Eau Gallie Yacht Club. Sustainers hold separate meetings and social events, and share in all of the privileges of JLSB membership except voting and holding office.
Benefits of Sustainer membership:
- Inclusion on the distribution of e-newsletter for upcoming events and opportunities for community service through JLSC.
- Opportunity to participate in JLSC Sustainer activities, both regular luncheons and social events,
- Access to the JLSC Directory and contact information of Provisional, Active and Sustainer JLSB members.
The financial requirement for Sustainer Members is $110 for dues.
If you are a sustainer member of the JLSC, specific information regarding membership and upcoming activities can be found on the password-protected member page of our website www.jlsb.net. We encourage you to contact us at sustai[email protected] with any questions, ideas or comments.
Sustaining members are the life-blood of JLSC and help the League to retain connections with viable women who serve in leadership and volunteer positions within our community. The Sustaining members have extended the mission of trained volunteerism to make an impact on the most relevant needs of our community and to provide their expertise in leadership to numerous volunteer and professional organizations.
We would love for you to join us!